Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Accessing Journals and Databases
How do I access journals and databases from off-campus?
- Authentication with your Michigan Tech username and ISO password is required for accessing library subscriptions from off-campus. Either login first on our authentication page or navigate to journal articles and databases through our Journals or Databases A-Z tabs, located on the main library page.
I need an article but the library doesn't subscribe to the journal. How do I request a PDF of the article?
How long does it take to receive an article via interlibrary loan?
- Most requests are delivered within 10 hours.
I have a research or reference question. Who can I contact?
- Our Student Research Consultants (SRCs) answer many incoming research questions and librarians monitor requests to ensure that research support is commensurate with faculty needs. Visit the Ask Us! station located in the library lobby, text (906) 379-9579, email email@example.com, call (906) 487-2507, or use our chat service available on the library website.
- To schedule a more in-depth research consultation with a librarian, fill out the Consultation Request Form and a librarian will contact you to confirm your appointment.
I would like the library to consider purchasing materials that support my research. Who can I contact?
Copyright & Author Rights
What are Michigan Tech's policies about my rights as an author?
Can you recommend a resource where I can learn more about author rights?
- SPARC, the Scholarly Publishing and Academic Resources Coalition, provides a great collection of resources that will help you learn more about copyright law, fair use, and how to negotiate your rights as an author.
I have questions about transferring my rights. Who can I contact?
- Please direct your questions about author rights to our Scholarly Communications & Copyright Librarian, Nora Allred at firstname.lastname@example.org or (906) 487-3208.
How can I get assistance with managing my research data?
I have questions about my grant proposal and funding agency requirements. Who can I contact?
- The library's guide on Data Management provides some information on funding agency requirements. The Office of Research can help you write a data management plan that complies with your grant proposal requirements. For more information or to schedule a proposal consultation, please contact the Office of Research at email@example.com or (906) 487-3126.
Where can I find information about upcoming library workshops?
- The library offers periodic workshops on a variety of topics like Patent & Trademark searching, using EndNote, Library Skills Refreshers, and others. Check out our Workshops page.