Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Help with EndNote
Graduate School Support:
Exporting from EndNote with BibTeX
With EndNote, you can manage your citations and then export them with ease for use in Digital Measures reporting. You will need to save your citations in BibTex File format.
Follow these steps to export a BibteX file from EndNote:
- Select the citations or references that you would like to export (Ctrl+click to make multiple selections).
- Next, click on References in the Menu bar or right click and choose "Show Selected References."
- Name the export file.
- Save the file as a Text File (*.txt).
- Set BibTeX as the Output style.
- If BibTeX is not in your list of Output styles, choose "Select Another Style..." and enter BibTeX in the Quick Search box, highlight it, and select Choose. You should now see it in your Output style options.
- Choose a destination folder and click Save.